Fee Increase, effective June 1, 2015
§225‐91 Fees and Permits
An applicant shall be required to pay the applicable fees and/or costs.
A. Administration fees. The following application fee shall be payable to the Zoning Officer upon application:
(1) Zoning permit/certificate of conformity: $50
(2) Zoning letter of interpretation: $75. An interested party may submit a written request for a written determination from the Zoning Officer as to the zoning of a
particular parcel or lot upon the payment of the stated fee.
B. Permit fees. The following permit fees shall be payable to the Zoning Officer upon application (per structure/building if multiple application):
(1) Zoning permit/commercial, new buildings, and/or additions and tenant fit up to existing buildings: $100.
(2) Zoning permit/residential, garages, new single‐family dwellings and/or
additions to existing single‐family dwelling: $75.
(3) Zoning permit/residential, all accessory structures, sheds (drop off), pools,
detached garages and fences: $50.
(a) Fences residential $25/commercial $75
(4) Zoning permit/sign permit: residential $50, commercial pylon $75.00 and/or wall $50 per sign.
Zoning Permits are required as a condition precedent to the commencement
of a use or the construction, reconstruction, alteration, conversion
or installation of a structure or building. It acknowledges that such
use, structure or building complies with the provisions of Chapter 225
(Zoning) of the Township Code or by a variance authorized by the Planning
Board or Zoning Board of Adjustment.
In order to obtain a Zoning Permit you must submit an application with
the appropriate fee. The following information is required:
1. Survey or a plot plan of the entire property showing all structure
locations existing and proposed, all required setbacks, easements and
lot restrictions. If construction is a new single-family dwelling or
a commercial entity, this plan must be drawn and sealed by a NJ licensed
surveyor or engineer. Exception: decks, pools, sheds, fences, or detached
garages may be drawn by the homeowner if the property survey is less
than 5 years old.
2. One set of construction plans showing details and dimensions of
all proposed structures, showing their total square footage, height,
and the intended use of each structure.
3. Once a Zoning Permit has been obtained, you can submit an application
to the Division of Inspections for a construction permit.
Zoning Permit applications normally take up to 10 business days to
process. Contact the Zoning Officer for additional information.
If you live in a Flood Zone Area please check with the NJDEP to see if a permit is required. NJDEP Hot Line #1-800-448-7379